Air Permitting Professional Engineer
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Houston
T. Baker Smith, LLC is seeking a Title V Air Permitting Professional Engineer to provide the necessary guidance to develop and implement a business strategy to spearhead growth of our air permitting program.
- Take the lead in the refinement and implementation of the firm’s strategy and business growth plan for to expand its air quality practice across the 5 main market sectors we serve with an emphasis on the Energy & Power and Specialty Chemical & Refining submarkets.
Assemble, mentor and empower project team members. Provide oversight and guidance to technical level staff in the planning and execution of air quality projects and ensure a system of quality assurance and control for deliverables prior to client and agency submittal.
Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing air permitting related business with new and existing clients.
Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
Work closely with a multitude of industrial clients to solve a wide variety of technical and regulatory air related issues.
Through a strong relationship built on trust and responsiveness, assist clients with development of a permitting and compliance strategy that will allow them to operate with the maximum flexibility possible.
Serve as the primary source of expertise on the TBS staff on major source permitting topics that include Title V, NSR, PSD, RICE regulations, NESHAP and MACT compliance.
Oversee air permitting related projects throughout their duration to ensure that services meet client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
Interact with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies during the preliminary planning and application processes and maintain an open line of communication up to the point of permit issuance.
- BA/BS Degree in Environmental Science, Chemical, Environmental Engineering, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in consulting or industry working on air permitting projects for Oil & Gas Production, Chemical Manufacturing and/or Petroleum Refining Facilities
- P.E. licensed in Louisiana and/or Texas preferred
- Project management experience, including the development of project proposals, scopes, budgets and the successful execution and tracking of both small and large air related projects
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail on all aspects
- Effectively work in a team environment
- Strong spreadsheet development and utilization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong understanding of the Oil & Gas production, Chemical Manufacturing and Petroleum Refining process is a must
This is a great opportunity for a motivated professional interested in their own and their team’s growth potential while working in an energetic work environment bringing solutions to clients!