Civil Coastal Engineer – Engineer-in-Training
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Houston, Corpus Christi, TX;
T. Baker Smith, LLC (TBS) is searching for a formally educated Professional Civil Engineer, with the technical background, expertise, and experience to accomplish various coastal engineering projects.
This position will be working on projects that are on the front line of coastal restoration within the Texas Gulf coast and the Gulf of Mexico regions.
TBS’s integrated teams have provided multi-discipline solutions for projects across the Gulf Coast region.
You will be part of our integrated teams assisting our clients with:
- Research, Feasibility, and Development of new and alternatives to help our clients fight and adapt to coastal erosion
- Evaluating, Securing Funding, Design, and help construct Projects to Protect Infrastructure and more so People
- Providing Regulatory Compliance and Environmental efforts for Clients with Coastal Infrastructure
- Helping Landowners promote protection of their coastal properties
As our Civil Coastal Engineer – Engineer-in-Training (EIT), you will…
- Have a broad-based coastal engineering experience with a concentration in barrier island restoration, breakwater/living shoreline and marsh creation type projects, which will include modeling of nearshore hydrodynamics, sediment transport and island morphology as necessary for feasibility analyses, engineering design, and permitting.
- Perform feasibility-level work activities that include collection and interpretation of engineering data, model development, surface water hydrodynamics, and interpretation of modeling results, graphics development and report preparation.
- Conduct Engineering Design activities will include development of construction plans and specifications for borrow areas, sediment transport systems, beach and dune restoration, shoreline protection and restoration and marsh creation / terracing.
Civil Coastal Engineer – Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Requirements:
- BS in Civil Engineering required, preferred MS in Ocean /coastal engineering or BS in Ocean and or Coastal Engineering.
- Engineer-In-Training certification or Professional Engineer license required within the State of Texas.
- 3 years minimum experience designing and administering construction of coastal projects.
- Experience working on coastal projects along the Texas Gulf coast. Project experience can include plans and specs, calculations, numerical modeling, and/or construction inspection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidate will need to communicate in a clear and concise manner with clients, public and TBS associates.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Candidate must have experience solving moderately complex problems and will be expected to apply new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area. Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus.
- Proven skills in design, site development, database design, planning, and problem solving.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated professional with a passion for saving our vital coastal resources while working in an energetic work environment.