Civil Engineer Intern Hydraulic & Hydrologic Drainage Modeling (Minimum 2 years’ experience)
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, LA
T. Baker Smith, LLC (TBS) has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer Intern (E.I.) to join our team of professionals providing advanced technical support within the public works market.
The ideal candidate will participate in and contribute to a dynamic work environment on a range of civil engineering projects, specifically involving the design and/or modeling of storm water systems and flood control projects including storm sewers, detention basins, and riverine and roadway drainage systems by aiding in the preparation of exhibits, performing calculations, in the preparation of design plans and hydrologic and/or hydraulic models.
Will serve in a major support role for drainage aspects of projects in public works market.
Will provide technical, day to day, design support to the Project Engineer and may include minor drafting support for plan production activities.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Current E.I. certificate
- Minimum 2 years design experience in Hydraulic and Hydrologic drainage modeling
- Experience with design software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM HydroCAD, HYDRWIN, or other comparable H&H modeling programs.
- Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Civil3D and/or Microstation
- Knowledge of ArcGIS
- Ability to relate to client needs and associates within all levels of the firm, possess excellent organization and communication skills.
This position will work directly under the supervision of a registered professional civil engineer.
This is an excellent opportunity for the motivated professional to grow and develop while working in an energetic work environment offering solutions that help shape our community’s.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion with you joining our team!