Lead Professional – Civil Engineer, P.E.
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Pass Christian, MS
T. Baker Smith seeks a Lead Professional for the Engineering Group in our Pass Christian, MS office with leadership experience, professional drive, and expertise ready to make an impact on our growing markets. If you are a Civil Engineer, P.E. in MS and passionate about growing an office within the Public Works and Land Development markets, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
As a Lead Professional – Civil Engineer, P.E., you will …
- Take the lead in refining and implementing the firm’s strategy and business growth plan for the engineering discipline within all our market strategies in Mississippi Gulf Coast region.
- Be responsible for administering civil engineering activities, which include oversight of manpower, technical resources, and client communication for multiple projects.
- Work within a dynamic team of engineering professionals to manage the project teams’ work between office staff, field personnel and other professionals to ensure a quality work product. Collaborate among other TBS offices and disciplines (survey and environmental) to provide a total, integrated solution to our clients.
- Strengthen our existing client base and service offerings, bring in new clients by offering our current service offerings amongst all disciplines at TBS and identify opportunities for growth within the markets that we serve.
- Communicate weekly progress and status reports on project deliverables to all project stakeholders and management team.
- Prepare and execute quality control reviews, safety and quality assurance procedures.
Do you crave an exciting leadership opportunity?
- You seek an environment that nourishes, encourages and insists upon your professional growth and offers a tailored approach to your personal career health and development.
- You thirst for work/life balance and appreciate the importance of a firm’s commitment to personal growth (we call this cultivating people) and stability for its associates.
- You thrive on mentoring and empowering project team members; you serve as a technical design expert.
- You enjoy a surrounding of early adopters and true leaders in the use of technology. You flourish when working with diverse multi-functional teams that skillfully deploy an array of technologies on cool and interesting projects.
- Min. 10 years’ experience with P.E. registration in MS. Registration in LA a plus.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage resources and ensure standard of care.
- Proven skills in land development, public works civil design, problem solving, and project management.
- Must possess excellent communication, diplomacy and listening skills; specifically, be accessible and responsive to the needs of clients and associates.
- Must embrace the trusted advisor relationship values that are fundamental to the TBS client service approach.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated professional civil engineer interested in their own and their team’s growth potential while working in an energetic work environment offering client solutions!