Civil Engineer, P.E.
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Prairieville, LA
We are searching for a highly motivated licensed Professional Civil Engineer with project management experience and expertise in the public works and land development markets to continue the growth of our Prairieville, LA office. This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking expand your career path.
As a member of our Civil Engineering team, you will …
- Work within a team of professionals to develop civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of municipal and private infrastructure projects.
- Manage all aspects of a project, but specifically responsible for technical design and plan and specification production.
- Mentor and empower project team members. Serve as a technical design expert.
- Contribute to, and actively engage in, the refinement and implementation of the firm’s strategy and business growth plan for the public works markets in the South Louisiana region.
- Strengthen existing client base and service offerings; Identify opportunities for growth within markets.
Seek a challenge?
- Your objective is to thrive, not just work, within a firm offering century-deep roots that facilitate the development of fulfilling professional and personal relationships.
- You enjoy an environment of early adopters and true leaders in the use of technology. You flourish when working with diverse multi-functional teams that skillfully deploy an array of technologies on cool and interesting projects.
- Do you exhibit strong leadership skills, you will have a team to mentor and the opportunity to take our staff to the next level all while getting the exposure to a lead professional engineer career path.
- 5-year Louisiana-licensed professional engineer (P.E.) with land development and public works experience (8+ years preferred).
- Proven skills in land development, public works civil design, problem solving, and project management.
- Project management experience, including the development of project proposals, scopes, budgets and the successful execution and tracking of both small and large engineering projects.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Will need to communicate clearly with clients and TBS associates.
- Experience monitoring and controlling costs within own work. Experience solving moderately complex problems and will be expected to apply new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Proven land development and drainage design experience is critical
- Sewer and water collection/distribution system design experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision Project Management Software is a plus
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated professional interested in their own and their team’s growth potential while working in an energetic work environment offering client solutions!