This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Prairieville, LA
T. Baker Smith has an opportunity for an Environmental Professional with preferred experience conducting wetland delineation work. This position will work from our Prairieville, LA office.
As an Environmental Professional, you will…
- Conduct wetland delineations, per the 1987 Corps of Engineers Wetlands Delineation Manual and appropriate regional supplement.
- Prepare field equipment, identify and plan field logistics, and provide oversight of survey implementation and data management.
- Accurately and completely record data on field forms or in other required formats. Prepares reports on assigned parts of environmental studies, which typically adhere to established techniques and conventional methods of investigation.
- Assist in preparing permit applications and coordinate the permit application process for projects. These projects may be involved with the oil and gas industry, pipeline industry, industrial and petrochemical facilities, and land development projects.
- Participate in all project tasks ranging from scoping and research to fieldwork, data analysis, and report preparation.
Experience and qualifications
- Candidates MUST have a minimum of one year of experience conducting wetland delineations per the Corps of Engineers Manual.
- Candidates need to possess a Bachelor’s of Science Degree or Master of Science Degree in biology, forestry, wildlife, fisheries, botany, environmental sciences or similar field.
- Candidates must have the ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in outside weather conditions and ability to walk often in rugged terrain, carrying equipment.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, ability to record complete and accurate field notes.
- Ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate computer, using technical software which includes computer aided drafting and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidates must be willing to travel and work variable hours.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team is required.
- Ability to take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to assure tasks are completed in the most effective and efficient manner is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilize and grow your experience!