Environmental / Regulatory Project Manager
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Lafayette, LA
T. Baker Smith, LLC has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental/Regulatory Project Manager to join our team of professionals, based in our Lafayette, LA facility. We offer a unique work environment and are looking for a dynamic individual who is motivated to work in our team environment, cultivate leadership skills and use environmental and regulatory compliance experiences to assist in achieving our clients needs across multiple markets.
As our Environmental/Regulatory Project Manager, you will…
- Manage all aspects of a project; specifically, the development and completion of environmental projects.
- Provide advance environmental technical support to our survey and engineering disciplines.
- Conduct and coordinate environmental assessments, wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species surveys, permitting and general regulatory/natural resources consulting.
- Prepare reports on assigned parts of environmental or regulatory studies, which typically adhere to established techniques and conventional methods of investigation.
- Assist in preparing permit applications and coordinate the permit application process for projects. These projects may be involved with the oil and gas industry, pipeline industry, industrial and petrochemical facilities, and land development projects.
- Strengthen existing client base and service offerings; Identify opportunities for growth within markets. Conduct business development and client meetings, attend conferences and other industry events and travel as required for both client projects and corporate meetings.
- Assist in the growth & development of the environmental program within the 5 markets that we serve in the Lafayette, LA office and throughout the firm.
Do you crave an exciting opportunity?
- You seek an environment that nourishes, encourages and insists upon your professional growth and offers a tailored approach to your personal career health and development.
- You thirst for work/life balance and appreciate the importance of a firm’s commitment to personal growth (we call this cultivating people) and stability for its associates.
- You thrive on mentoring and empowering project team members; you serve as a technical design expert.
- You enjoy a surrounding of early adopters and true leaders in the use of technology. You flourish when working with diverse multi-functional teams that skillfully deploy an array of technologies on cool and interesting projects.
Qualifications/requirements you will need for success,
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Master of Science Degree in biology, environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a similar field.
- 5 years of experience in environmental project management, leading meetings with clients; directing project teams in the field and office, and setting and adhering to project scope, budget and delivery.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Coastal Use permit program and USACE Section 10/404/408 permitting process.
- Ability to operate computer, using technical software and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated professional interested in their own and their team’s growth potential while working in an energetic work environment.