Project Technician, Mechanical / Structural / Piping
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Lafayette, LA
This position will be part of our dynamic work environment by performing technical drafting and plan production on a wide range of facilities engineering related projects. The successful candidate will work with our engineering team focused primarily on facilities type projects.
As our project technician with mechanical/ structural / pipeline experience you will provide the technical support to the project team in the following:
- Prepare complete design packages which may include, but not be limited to, preliminary, conceptual, and construction deliverables.
- Assist with performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Perform field data gathering when required to complete project deliverables within approved project scope and schedule.
- Assist with proposal compilation utilizing computer aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to prepare high-level layouts and sketches.
- Utilize 2D and 3D computer aided design software to create aerial plans, plan and profile alignments as well as details of facility components (pipe rack structures, connections, foundations, piping, etc.)
The skills and requirements needed for a project technician:
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design or 2 to 8-years minimum experience in CADD drafting/design with emphasis on facilities engineering drawings.
- 1 to 8 years of specialized CAD experience in market specific software systems; and experience with agencies specific to oil and gas and industrial markets. Software includes AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant Professional and P&ID, Plant 3D and/or ISOGEN preferred.
- Experience in oil and gas and industrial markets.
- Self-motivated and ability to demonstrate exceptional attention for detail is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Ability to make applicable mathematical computations as necessary
- Ability to produce design drawings generated from written instructions and sketches
- General ability to operate office equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers
- Ability to operate efficiently computerized systems, office machines, and communication systems.
Seek a challenge?
- Is your objective is to thrive, not just work, within a firm offering century-deep roots that facilitate the development of fulfilling professional and personal relationships.
- Do you enjoy an environment of early adopters and true leaders in the use of technology? You flourish when working with diverse multi-functional teams that skillfully deploy an array of technologies on cool and interesting projects.
- This is an excellent opportunity for you!