Project Technician, Mechanical Piping
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, Covington, Lafayette, Houma LA; Houston, TX
This position will be part of our dynamic work environment by performing technical drafting and plan production on a wide range of facilities engineering related projects. The successful candidate will work with our mechanical piping design team.
Will provide technical support to project manager and project team by performing the following tasks:
- Prepare complete design packages which may include, but not be limited to, preliminary, conceptual, and construction deliverables.
- Assist with performing field surveys, documenting existing conditions, and/or recommending various design solutions.
- Perform field data gathering when required to complete project deliverables within approved project scope and schedule.
- Assist with proposal compilation utilizing computer aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to prepare high-level layouts and sketches.
- Utilize 2D and 3D computer aided design software to create layouts of piping systems, devices and components, and create fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Associates Degree in Drafting and Design or 1 to 8-years minimum experience in CADD drafting/design with emphasis on facilities engineering drawings.
- 1 to 8 years of specialized CAD experience in market specific software systems; and experience with agencies specific to oil and gas and industrial markets. Software includes AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant Professional and P&ID, Plant 3D and/or ISOGEN preferred.
- Experience in oil and gas and industrial markets.
- Self-motivated and ability to demonstrate exceptional attention for detail is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Ability to make applicable mathematical computations as necessary
- Ability to produce design drawings generated from written instructions and sketches
- General ability to operate office equipment such as printers, scanners, copiers
- Ability to operate efficiently computerized systems, office machines, and communication systems.