Subsurface Utility Engineering Group Leader
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi
T. Baker Smith seeks a Group Leader for the Subsurface Utility Engineering Group firm wide with leadership experience, professional drive, and expertise ready to make an impact on our growing markets. If you are a Professional Engineer with CI/ASCE 38-02 experience in the Gulf Coast Region and passionate about growing a group within the Public Works, Pipeline, and Industrial markets, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
As a Subsurface Utility Engineering Group Leader, you will …
- Take the lead in developing and implementing the firm’s Subsurface Utility Engineering Group’s strategy and business growth plan within the markets we serve along the Gulf Coast.
- Be responsible for administering engineering design and surveying field activities, which include oversight of manpower, technical resources, and client communication for multiple projects.
- Work within a dynamic team of engineering and survey professionals to manage the project teams’ work between office staff, field personnel and other professionals to ensure a quality work product. Collaborate among other TBS offices to provide a total, integrated solution to our clients.
- Strengthen our existing client base, bring in new clients by offering our SUE services at TBS and identify opportunities for growth within the markets that we serve.
- Communicate weekly progress and status reports on project deliverables to all project stakeholders and management team.
- Prepare and execute quality control reviews, safety and quality assurance procedures.
Do you crave an exciting opportunity?
- You seek an environment that nourishes, encourages and insists upon your professional growth and offers a tailored approach to your personal career health and development.
- You thirst for work/life balance and appreciate the importance of a firm’s commitment to personal growth (we call this cultivating people) and stability for its associates.
- You thrive on mentoring and empowering project team members; you serve as a technical design expert.
- You enjoy a surrounding of early adopters and true leaders in the use of technology. You flourish when working with diverse multi-functional teams that skillfully deploy an array of technologies on cool and interesting projects.
- Professional Engineer licensed in LA/TX/MS (only 1 is required)
- Min 3 years of experience in the SUE field of work in accordance with CI/ASCE 38-02
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Utility Quality Level A experience as defined in CI/ASCE 38-02.
- Min 5 years of experience specifically in utility design and relocation
- Proficient in AutoCAD; Microstation, Carlson survey and Trimble Business Center software are a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication, leadership, diplomacy and listening skills; specifically, be accessible and responsive to the needs of clients and associates.
- Must embrace the trusted advisor relationship values that are fundamental to the TBS client service approach.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated professional interested in their own and their team’s growth potential while working in an energetic work environment offering client solutions!