Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Technician
This position is Full time
Position Location: Houston, TX
Currently seeking a SUE Technician to expand our Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) team in the Houston, TX area. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional who has proven experience in subsurface utility engineering and utility location/designation.
- Selects and applies appropriate geophysical prospecting equipment to accurately designate underground utility layouts.
- Able to comprehend and interpret utility and highway design plans, atlases, and record drawings.
- Designate existing utilities using electromagnetic and geophysical technologies.
- Operate and drive a vacuum excavation truck and perform test holes to expose utilities.
- Oversees and coordinates the effective maintenance and operation of vehicles, equipment, tools and supplies.
- Complete documentation, which includes record keeping and simple mathematics legibly and accurately.
- Selects and implements proper maintenance of traffic signage.
- Coordinate survey work in relation with SUE.
- Supervise activity of field crew.
- Communicate and coordinate with utility company representative.
- Represent and communicate on behalf of T. Baker Smith and crew when encountering third parties in the field.
- Minimum 2 year experience in using electromagnetic and geophysical designating technologies
- Ability to perform physical movements and tractions, commensurate with operating heavy tools and equipment
- Should have basic computer skills and be able to learn and understand new software
- Outdoor work in all climates and conditions
- Ability to lift approx. 50 lbs.
- Travel/out of town overnight work required
- Experience in the operation of survey equipment preferred, but not required
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
This is an exciting opportunity for the individual who likes to work outdoors, and enjoys an energetic work environment.