A Fulfilling Place to Work
Developing and Engaging Talent
he compensation program at TBS is designed to attract, develop, engage, and retain talented associates who are the “right” fit for our culture and business strategy. We are not a “get rich quick” firm with high associate turnover rates. We offer a complete compensation package that provides stability for our associates and their families and enhances their long-term professional and personal growth.
Based upon an associate’s position in the firm and present needs, we work towards offering a compensation mix that supports the balance of short- and long-term goals of our associates.
The key factors considered when determining compensation levels include:
• A/E industry bench mark data on pay scale by size, geographic region, business mix, utilization, and bill rates with our goal of being within the 50th to 75th percentile range on a yearly basis
• The firm’s overall and short-term financial position
• The associate’s performance and value to the firm
• The firm’s objectives and the level of talent currently in place and needed for success in a geographic region and/or market
• Salary comparisons with competition
TBS Compensation Mix Components:
- Hourly and Salary (professional and management)
- Adjustments to base pay may be considered on a yearly basis or sooner, are rooted in merit, and change in the factors listed above.
- Achievement Bonus (ongoing)
- Associate Referral Bonus
- SHIP (Strategic Hire Incentive Program) Bonus
- Relate, Refer, & Reward
- Safety Bonus
- Utilization Bonus
- KUDOS (Kaught You Doing Outstanding Stuff) Bonus
- 401K, Social Security, and Medicare
Benefits (see below)
Yearly Incentive Pay
- Performance Incentive Compensation System based upon yearly key performance indicators
A Comprehensive Package
TBS offers a long-term approach to a competitive, comprehensive benefits package for our associates that is intended to complement the compensation program and assist associates in meeting their financial commitments and prepare for their retirement while maintaining health and wellness for themselves and their families.
Our Program Includes the Following:
Paid time Off & Holidays
Major Medical Insurance (Self-insured program. We’re in this together!)
Long Term Disability
401K Retirement Plan (100% firm match up to 6%)
Personal & Professional Development
As clearly defined within our purpose, at TBS, continuous professional and personal development for all associates is an expectation, not an option. We offer internal and external training programs that include technical, motivational, organizational, leadership, and soft skills training. Each associate has a minimum of 40 hours per year dedicated to training.
Our Learning Opportunities Include:
- PEGS (Performance Evaluation and Goal Setting)
- Career Path Options (technical/project professional; management; and client champion)
- ACEC Professional Leadership Development (Emerging Leader Forum; Business of Design Consulting; Pathways to Executive Leadership; and Senior Executive Institute)
Professional Dues & Licenses
- TBS financial assistance with obtaining and maintaining professional licenses and PDHs
Education Assistance Programs
- Conferences, workshops, training
- Degree Assistance Professional Program
- Individual courses from accredited institution
- Internal Programs
- Lunch and Learns
Promoting Work-Life Balance
TBS provides a work environment that promotes work-life balance. As a century-old, family-owned and operated firm, we put family first in everything that we do. We offer a flexible work schedule so that our associates don’t miss out on soccer games and dance recitals. We hold safety to the highest standard for the right reason and promote health and wellness with learning opportunities and incentive programs that work toward our associates going home safe and healthy every day. We are a market-driven firm building strategic trusted relationships with our clients by market and executing projects by discipline. We are a true matrix organization, which allows associates to work in different markets and project types. There is a built-in level of chaos at TBS, which makes it hard to get bored around here!
Component of Our Work Environment Include:
- Half-day Fridays
- Flex time schedules
- Flex office locations
Health, Safety and Environment
With our Safety Management Systems in place, we work to control everything we can to ensure everyone goes home safely.
- Social Purpose and Responsibility Krewe (SPARK)
- Purpose Time Off Program
- Community Partnerships
- Objective – Plan, Design, and Build meaningful projects that positively impact our communities through an efficient and profitable “market driven” multidiscipline professional services firm
- Offering – Superior Integrated Professional Solutions
- Advantage –Trusted and responsive professionals who continuously seek to combine abundant resources and state-of-the-art technology to provide innovative solutions
- Clients – Strategic clients that we have earned the right to be their “Trusted Advisor” in five diverse markets (Pipeline, Exploration & Production, Industrial Infrastructure, Land Development, and Public Works)
- Location – Rooted in the Gulf Coast Region; registered in 22 states; professional relationships in all 50 states as well as in Mexico and Trinidad
The TBS Compass
The TBS Compass is a foundational representation of our core principles and our basic plan for success.
ix principles fill our Compass and guide our daily decisions. Foremost among these principles is Cultivating People. Helping our associates identify and develop their talents is not only personally rewarding, but it makes good business sense. Anchoring the list is the core principle of Stability. For over a century, TBS has been weathering storms and coming out stronger on the other side. TBS is a home – a place where life-long careers are still possible for long-term thinkers.
The Compass sits on a simple, but powerful plan for success. The plan starts with associates. People come first. To attract and keep great people, TBS must be a Fulfilling Place to Work. When associates are fulfilled, they will assist the firm in achieving greatness. They will provide Strong, Aligned Leadership at all levels. This leadership will propel the evolution of the firm into a Well-Oiled Machine that delivers real value to clients. This value creation, along with the purposeful development of Strategic Trusted Client Relationships and our position as an Industry Leader, will ensure we always have great clients with cool, meaningful projects. The consequence of all this is financial success. Consistent Profitability to Create Security and Balanced Steady Growth allow us to reinvest in people and to keep this cycle of success moving forward.