Construction Inspector Project Representative
This position is Full time
Position Location: Baton Rouge, or Covington, LA
We are currently seeking a Construction Inspector Project Representative for our Construction Engineering and Inspection team. Our inspectors are primarily responsible for monitoring commercial, municipal and private civil engineering projects for conformance to specifications, codes and standard safety requirements on a daily basis.
- Will be the liaison to work with our clients and contractors to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with plans and specification.
- Responsible for observation and documentation of general conformance with the construction phase of the project.
- Maintain accurate daily record of construction site conditions and activities; significant events, issues or problems; and communications between parties.
- Will perform technical support on construction projects.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Technology, Construction Science, Construction Management, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of related construction work, skill, knowledge, OR similar work experience is required.
- Experience in heavy construction, specifically in levees, pump stations, roads, bridges, bulkheads, concrete, piling, piping, storm drainage, water and sewer mains, etc. is required. Along with proven skills and experience with materials and tools used in these types of construction projects.
- Advanced training or certifications in Asphaltic Concrete and Portland Cement Concrete paving Asphaltic Concrete Plant, Structural Concrete, and Embankment and Base Course are required (USACE, LADOTD, or other agency).
- Experience in the field, observing and documenting day-to-day daily construction work activities.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and identify discrepancies or conflicts within documents.
- Computer and technology compliant for documentation and communication. Ability to operate efficiently computerized systems, experience in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel) and Construction Management software (ProCore or equivalent).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible work hours and able to work on project site and be exposed to weather conditions.
TBS offers excellent pay, health and wellness offerings, 401(k) program with match up to 6% of salary, Quarterly incentive programs, and continuing education opportunities.
We strive to give our associates the opportunity to do what you love to do! Join us if you want to make a difference in your career and community!